What is of Gallbladder cancer?
Gallbladder cancer is a rare type of cancer. It indicates an abnormal expansion of cells that originates in the gallbladder. The gallbladder stores bile, a digestive fluid generated in the liver. The chances of gallbladder cancer being cured are high in the initial stages.
What are the symptoms of Gallbladder cancer?
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
- Intestinal distress and cramping
- Nausea and vomiting
- A lump in the intestine
- Itchy skin
What are the types of Gallbladder cancer?
- adenosquamous carcinomas
- squamous cell carcinomas
What are the causes of Gallbladder cancer?
The causes of gallbladder cancer. Gallbladder cancer occurs when healthy gallbladder cells form mutations in their DNA. It is seen twice as frequently in women as in men. Generally, gallbladder cancer occurs in individuals over the age of 65.
What are the treatments for Gallbladder cancer?
1. Laparoscopy allows the surgeon to examine organs surrounding your gallbladder for any signs of the cancer spread.
2. Cholecystectomy procedure removes the gallbladder.
3. Radiation therapy is the use of high-energy x-rays or similar particles to eradicate cancer cells
4. Imaging tests. Most patients with gallbladder cancer have to undergo a series of scans to help examine whether cancer has spread or remains localized.
Why choose Oncoxpert?
Our initial goal of treatment is to remove the gallbladder cancer, but when that isn’t possible, other therapies may help control the spread of the disease and keep you as comfortable as possible. We believe in providing holistic nursing to the patients.