What is Gynecologic Cancer?
Gynecologic cancer is an uncontrolled growth of cells in reproductive organs. Depending on location of tumour there are several types of gynecologic cancers which include cervical, gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD), primary peritoneal, ovarian, uterine/endometrial, vaginal and vulvar cancers.
Are Gynecologic Cancers Preventable?
Regular screenings and self-examinations can help to detect certain types of gynecologic cancers in earlier stages and hence increasing the likelihood of successful treatment and the possibility for a complete cure. Also be aware of your family’s history to help determine if you may have a gene that makes you more susceptible to gynecologic cancer.
Lifestyle changes made in diet and exercise can have a significant role in the prevention of cancer.
What are the symptoms of gynecological cancer ?
• Pelvic pain or pressure
• Itching or burning of the vulva
• Changes in vulva color or skin (rash, sores, warts, or ulcers)
• Changes in bathroom habits (increased urination, constipation, or diarrhea)
• Abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge
• Pain in the back or stomach
What are causes of gynecological cancers?
Reproductive and menstrual history including never having children, starting your menstruation before age 12 and/or going through menopause after age 55
• Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
• HIV infection or a weak immune system
• Previous history of breast or gynecologic cancer
• Older age
• Family history
• Use of oral birth control and/or fertility drugs
• Estrogen therapy
• High-fat diet
• Prior radiation to the pelvic area
What are treatment options for gynecological cancer?
There are several treatment methods available for gynecologic cancer and it depends on the type of cancer and how far it has spread. Treatments may include surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. Women with a gynecologic cancer often get combination of treatment.
- Surgery: Doctors remove tumour in an operation.
- Chemotherapy: Special medicines are used to shrink or kill the cancer. The drugs can be given orally or medicines given in your veins, or sometimes both.
- Radiation: Using high-energy rays (similar to X-rays) to kill the cancer and prevent cancer from recurring.
Why to choose Oncoxpert for your cancer treatment?
Oncoxpert is leading cancer hospital in India. At Oncoxpert all the facets that impact the treatment like the patient’s condition, stage and biology of the tumor are thoroughly evaluated and management protocols are personalized to assure the best possible outcome to the patient. OncoXpert is a humble attempt to provide affordably and the best possible treatment to the patients and ensures the expected outcomes to them.