To operate using the Robotic system, Cancer Doctor does tiny cuts in your body and embeds miniaturized devices and a high-definition three-dimensional camera sometimes skin holes are not required at all. Then, from a nearby console, your surgeon operates those instruments to perform.
Think of the Robotic operation as a video game. When you play a video game, you move a command button, and the machine translates your movements into real-time, imitating your moves precisely on the screen. During a Robotic-assisted method, Onco Surgeon uses master controls to command the instruments, and the instruments translate your surgeon’s actions into precise movements inside your body. Cancer Surgeon is in control the whole time; the surgical system reacts to the direction he provides.
The benefits of robotic surgery include:
- More precise surgery. Often, your surgeon needs to operate near healthy, sensitive organs, tissues, and nerves.
- The goal of surgery is to eliminate the abnormality without affecting surrounding healthy structures. The small size and elasticity of the robotic instruments make this easier to accomplish.
Significantly less pain.
- Less risk of infection and blood loss. Your surgeon makes tiny cuts rather than large ones, reducing the risk of poisoning or blood loss.
- Earlier discharge from the hospital. Normally, patients can go home shortly after attending a robotic surgery, sometimes even the next day.
- Less scarring and shorter recovery. The smaller incisions also mean that your rehabilitation period is shorter.
Our team who are expertise in Robotic & Laparoscopic Surgery on Oncoxpert Scarless keyhole surgeries are offered for the following cancers
- Esophageal Cancer
- Lobectomy and pneumonectomy for Lung Cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Cancers of Colon and Rectum
- Kidney cancer
- Thyroid Surgeries
- Prostate cancer.
Gastrectomy can be performed by keyhole method or by robotic surgery. This method assures early recovery besides having many benefits like less blood loss etc.
Patients continue Chemotherapy after surgery and a total of 6 cycles are required. Patients are recommended to be on regular follow up.